So many things to read, see, eat, and drink… Here’s what’s on our radar this week.
- Reviews have been a bit mixed for the onstage production detailing the life of food pioneer James Beard in “I Love to Eat”, now showing at Portland’s Center Stage, but from what I hear, it’s certainly worth checking out if you’re a self-professed ‘foodie’.
- Las Vegas’s Mandalay Bay and Monte Carlo hotels are no longer the only spot in the U.S. to imbibe while bundled up at a custom-made ice bar. Though Minus 5 has plans to expand to New York City, Minnesota has its own seasonal version with the Blu Ice Bar at Grand Superior Lodge.
- Michelin’s 2013 edition includes a record number of “starred” restaurants in Switzerland. Perhaps the next culinary hot spot?
- So many local taxes are tacked onto your hotel reservations. Curious where you’ll pay more and where your taxes are being spent? Away.com offers up this informative little infographic.
- The New York Times pulled together a little “Tour of Literary Manhattan”, with suggestions from critics and editors around the city.
We usually do a roundup of predicted food trends, but these 2012 “best of” lists were definitely worth noting…
- The Daily Beast offered a list of what they felt were the most overlooked books of 2012.
- Movies.com picked their best documentaries of the year.
- And Time had an interesting show of “Most Surprising” photos from the year.
*Photo credit: James Beard “I Love To Eat” courtesy of Portland Center Stage
Category: food, wine, spirits
There are no comments yet.